Who wants to learn the best ways to remove stains? 5 expert tips to help you achieve spotless grout
Regular maintenance of grout is essential for preserving its pristine appearance over time. Neglecting grout cleaning can allow moisture to infiltrate, paving the way for mold growth and discoloration. High-traffic areas with constant activity accumulate dirt and debris in the grout, making it look dull and unsightly. Keep reading to learn expert techniques to remove stains and refresh your grout’s appearance.
Use A Non-Invasive Cleaner
- Mix 2 or 3 parts baking soda with water to create an effective grout-cleaning paste. Apply the paste to the grout using a toothbrush, and then activate the mixture by spraying it with distilled vinegar. Use an old toothbrush or a grout brush to work the mixture into the grout, and rinse off with clean water when finished.
Alternatively, you can use lemon juice as a homemade grout cleaner. Cover the grout with lemon juice and leave it for 10-15 minutes before washing it off with warm soapy water. The advantage of using lemon juice is that it leaves a fresh citrus scent behind it.
Use a Chemical Grout Cleaner
- In cases where homemade grout cleaners do not remove stubborn stains, marks, or mold, a special chemical cleaner may be necessary. However, carefully reading the manufacturer’s instructions is essential to avoid damaging the tiles.
Apply the chemical grout cleaner to the affected areas and leave it for a specified time, which can range up to an hour. Some cleaners come with their applicator, making the application of the product easier. After the specified time, wash off the cleaner thoroughly to reveal clean and refreshed grout.
Conceal with a Grout Pen
- Grout pens are a quick and straightforward solution for renewing the appearance of grout. They serve as a convenient but temporary fix. This approach is particularly effective if you have colored grout and can find a matching grout pen.
However, it’s essential to ensure that the grout is thoroughly clean and free of grease before applying the grout pen. Use a DIY cleaning solution for the dirt and grease from the grout. Allow the grout to air-dry completely, typically 2 hours before applying the grout pen.
Sanding and Resealing
- When traditional cleaning methods fail to eliminate stubborn stains and complete regrouting is not feasible, refining the appearance of your grout becomes necessary. Consider sanding the existing grout’s surface and applying a reliable grout sealer. Opt for a fine-grade sandpaper, with P180 being an ideal choice. Wrap it around a paint scraper or filling knife, and carefully move it in various directions across the grout lines.
Alternatively, you can fold the sandpaper and use its edge for precision. After sanding, thoroughly sweep the tiles and grout with a stiff hand brush, then wipe with a clean, damp cloth. Allow it to air-dry, ensuring the vacuum of any residual dust. Once dry, apply the grout sealer for a refreshed and protected grout finish.
Opt for Professional Grout Cleaning Services
- Over time, grout can become stained and discolored due to exposure to liquids, dirt, and other substances, which can become difficult to clean at home. A professional grout cleaning service uses specialized equipment and cleaning solutions to deep clean the grout and restore its appearance.
The professionals can remove even the toughest stains, leaving the grout clean and bright. In addition, professional grout cleaning can also improve the overall hygiene of your tile and grout surfaces by removing bacteria, mold, and other microorganisms that can grow in dirty grout.
Get in Touch With Las Vegas renowned Grout Cleaners – Love Your Carpets. We have been in business since 1996 and have been trusted by customers. Get a free quote today for your grout cleaning session. Call today at (702) 898-6070.