Learn 5 easy ways for cleaning beer stains from your carpet and make it seem new again
Beer stains are the second most common stains on carpets after coffee stains. They are difficult to get rid of and if not treated in time will give off a pungent smell. If your carpet has a beer stain then read more below about the five tips for cleaning your carpet.
Use Warm Water
- The first step for cleaning beer stains from the carpet is to try to dab it with paper towels and clean cloths. Gently dab the stained area and allow it to soak up as much beer as possible. It is advisable to avoid rubbing the paper towels on the stained area as it will make the carpet fibers soak up more beer. This will result in stubborn stains as well as a pungent smell that is almost impossible to remove.
Now take another clean cloth or some paper towels. Soak them with warm water and dab them gently on the stained area. Repeat this process several times until the stained area is properly soaked.
- Next, take a sponge as well as some more paper towels. Use the sponge to soak up the stained area as best as you can. Now use the paper towels to dab it dry. Coldwater works as well however warm water is more effective. Leave the carpet overnight for drying. Usually, most stains can be cleaned this way and you won’t have to hire a carpet cleaning service.
Use Dish Soap And Vinegar Solution
- If the above method didn’t remove the stain from your carpet, you can try making a solution. Take about one tablespoon of dish soap and mix it with one tablespoon of white vinegar. Now add two cups of warm water and stir it. Now add this solution to a spray bottle.
Before starting make sure the stained area is dry. If not then use paper towels to dab it dry. Now spray the stained area with the solution so that it is completely soaked. Wait for a few minutes and then take a clean sponge. Dab the stained area with the sponge and squeeze out the solution. Repeat this process several times.
- Make sure that when you spray the solution, it covers the entire stained area properly. If you don’t have a clean sponge, you can substitute it with a microfiber cloth instead. Next, dry the carpet using a clean towel. If the stain is still visible, then repeat all steps. You can rest assured that this solution will not damage or change the color of your carpet. This carpet can be used for cleaning other types of stains too.
Use Baking Soda
- Take baking soda and sprinkle it all over the stained area. Make sure that there is enough baking soda over the entire area. You can pour it directly from the container, or use a scoop too. Baking soda can also be used over an area that gives off an unpleasant odor. You can use as much as you need because it will not damage your carpet.
Let it sit overnight so that it can absorb all the moisture and odor from your carpet. The general rule of thumb is to let it sit for at least four hours. It is best to make sure you don’t walk on the carpet.
- Next morning, use a vacuum cleaner to clean the baking soda from your carpet. Make sure you vacuum it several times so that no baking soda remains on your carpet. If the stain or the smell doesn’t go away, you should repeat this process at least one more time.
Use A Stain Remover
- If you’ve tried all of the above steps without having any positive results, then you can visit your local supermarket and ask for an all-purpose stain remover. A stain remover usually comes as a spray can. It has a combination of chemicals that can help you remove most stains and odors.
Some stain removers spray out as a foam. If this is the case then let the foam sit for a while before dabbing it dry with a paper towel. Remember to carefully read and follow the label instructions before using any product.
Hire A Professional
- If nothing works for you, and the stain is still present then you must hire the services of a professional carpet cleaning company. They not only have the expertise but also the tools to effectively clean your carpet. They have been doing similar work for years, so they will probably know how to quickly make your carpet as good as new.
If you’re worried about cleaning a beer stain from your carpet, then contact Love Your Carpet today. We are one of the best carpet and upholstery cleaning services in Las Vegas for the past several years. Call us today at 702-898-6070 and get a free quote for all your cleaning needs.