Prolong the life of your carpets by using these easy ways to deal with tough carpet stains
Let’s face it, and carpet stains are bound to happen. These ugly looking patches of spilt drink or food can really be nerve-wracking, especially on a great looking white royal carpet. Stains can be really hard to remove if you don’t know the proper steps to do so.
So, we have brought you the best and the easiest way to delete all the stains from your carpet, so it keeps looking fresh and tidy.
Remedy for Most Stains
- Pick two empty spray bottles, and pour cold water into only one of them. On the other hand, add 1/4 teaspoon of the gentle liquid dishwasher with 1 cup of warm water.
- Spray the solution of the detergent on an absorbent cloth (not the carpet, you dont want it to be too much wet), dab on the spot (do not rub it!). Wait for the skin to dissolve, then blot it with a clean cloth slightly. Continue to add and blot until the stain goes out. Do not use a paper towel for this step; a cotton cloth would be perfect.
- Spray another cloth with cold water and rinse the detergent solution from the carpet. Then rub with a dry cloth to dry everything off.
- Pile up a stack of paper towels and put a large pot on top of them. Overnight, the towels will soak up any residual stain deep in the carpet. In the morning, fluff the fibers with your fingers and allow them to air-dry.
- This should get rid of the stain, but if it remains, try a more targeted approach given below.
Wine Stain on Carpet
To remove a red wine stain from your carpet, you can use the steps given below:
- First, dry the spill with a dry cloth or a paper towel. The idea here is to remove as much wine as possible first and then start working on the stain.
- Now you will need to apply some carpet stain removers. You can easily found them in your local supermarket; these are pretty cheap and very effective. Spray a cloth with some solution and rub it on the stain. Let the cleaner do its magic.
- After five minutes, rub the stain with a dry cloth, and you will see that stain has been removed, and if not completely, you will notice a change in color. Repeat this multiple times until the stain has been removed.
Wine stain tends to be a lot trickier to remove, so be patient with it. You will at least repeat this three times to remove the stain altogether.
After Removing Stain
- After removing the stain, you need to refresh the carpet. To refresh the dingy carpet, dust gently with baking soda. Work it in a soft brush pile after sprinkling in trouble spots and allow it to rest 15-30 minutes until ambitions. Begin with a fresh vacuum bag or a clean cup and filter to make sure you get the fine powder from your carper.
This will give your carpet a young look and brighten up the whole carpet after the cleanup.
Get a Professional
- If your stain is bigger than just a spot, then rubbing is not going to cut it; you need some professional cleaners to clean your carpet. If you are looking for some professionals in LA, then contact Love Your Carpets Today. They will thoroughly clean your carpet, making it new, and will also remove any trapped pollutants and dust it accumulated over the years.
Carpet stains are horrible, but you can get rid of them with ease with these tips. Get stained removed instantly with no troubles in LA from experts in Love Your Carpets.