Continue reading to learn how to keep your carpets clean from the pros
Carpet replacement is one of the costly expenses that most people want to avoid as long as possible. This investment can be avoided by keeping your carpets clean and free from dirt, stains, and grime. We have put together different ways that can increase the lifespan of your carpets by keeping them in a good shape.
Remove Your Shoes Outside
- A simple way to keep your carpet clean is to keep the shoes outside your home. Shoes carry bacteria, chemicals, dirt, and even fecal matter. When you walk into your home with your shoes on all of this stuff is transferred onto your carpet. Carpets and rugs act like magnets and collect everything you bring in with your shoes.
In addition to bringing bacteria and dirt inside your home, shoes also cause wear and tear to the carpet. Carpet fibers are damaged when shoes continuously grind in the dirt. This results in matting. Therefore, it is better to have your family members remove their shoes outside the house. This practice will keep your carpets in good shape for as long as possible.
Put Down Mats And Runners
- Another way to keep the dirt and grime away from the carpets is by using door mats. Use Outdoor and indoor mats to keep your carpets and rugs clean for longer. The door mats reduce the amount of dirt tracked into your house to a great extent. Encourage family members and visitors to either remove their shoes outside or wipe them on the doormat before entering the house.
Mats, rugs, and runners reduce the dirt and the resulting wear and tear on the carpets. When you place doormats at the entrance it gives the visitors a chance to wipe off or remove their shoes.
- When it comes to keeping your carpets clean during the summertime, the most important thing to do is regular vacuuming. Most people vacuum only when they see any particles on the carpet. However, dust and dirt are hiding below the carpet fibers and remain invisible until they build up.
To prevent dust and grime from accumulating on your carpet, it is advisable to vacuum your carpets every day. Vacuuming is the easiest way to make your carpets look as good as new for a long time. Keep an eye on the vacuum bag and filter. If the filter or bag is full, the vacuum loses suction which affects its performance.
Clean Your Air Filters More Often
- Air filters remove dust particles and prevent them from falling on your carpet. However, an unclean air filter can make your HVAC system work extra hard. Thus, causing it to use more energy. As a result, energy bills are increased. The more dust particles are removed by the air filter the harder it works. Therefore, it is essential to change or clean your air filters every few months.
Professional Cleaning Once A Year
- Vacuuming is important but it is only good for surface cleaning. For thorough cleaning, it is advisable to hire professional cleaners to clean deep below the carpet fibers. A professional-level cleaning effectively pulls out dust, mites, pollen, and allergens from the carpet fibers. Therefore, it is important to hire a professional carpet cleaning company at least once a year. This will help keep your carpet in a good condition throughout the summer and beyond.
If you are dealing with any stubborn stains or other summer carpet problems, then get in touch with Love Your Carpet. We are one of the best upholstery and carpet cleaners working in Las Vegas. Call us today at 702-898-6070 for a free quote.