Here are 6 valuable pieces of advice to prepare your carpet for Christmas
Christmas is a time when friends and family gather to celebrate the holidays. People decorate their homes and make them ready for the upcoming family gathering. However, did you consider getting the carpets cleaned before Christmas? If you haven’t, now is the time to clean them.
This article will provide some handy tips to prepare your carpet for Christmas.
Move Obstacles Out Of The Way
- Amidst the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations, your carpets receive more traffic, spills, and stains than usual. Therefore, it becomes essential to clean your carpets. Whether you opt for a DIY cleaning or hire professional carpet cleaners, It is wise to prepare your carpets for cleaning.
First, remove all the obstacles and furniture from the way. Cleaning becomes more convenient when you have a clear space to work. Before starting the cleaning process, move potential trip hazards, bulky furniture, and all sorts of clutter out of the area that needs to be cleaned. Tuck your curtains to prevent damage from moisture and heavy-duty cleaning equipment.
Thoroughly Vacuum The Carpet
- Over time, dirt and debris accumulate in the carpet fibers. These specks of dust and dirt mites get kicked into the air as you walk on the carpet. Thus, aggravating dust allergies and asthma. Vacuuming helps pick up dirt particles and pet hair on the carpet. Slow vacuum strokes help remove the top layer of dirt.
However, high-tech vacuum cleaners are required to remove microscopic particles. Therefore, hiring a professional carpet cleaning company is better if you don’t have the necessary equipment. Professionals use steam cleaning that exposes the carpets to high temperatures, thus eliminating dust mites and improving indoor air quality.
Immediately Remove Spills And Stains
- Stains and spills are a part of everyday life. However, if they are left untreated, they become hard to remove. Therefore, blot the spills immediately to prevent them from turning into hard-to-remove stains. In addition, use suitable cleaning methods to clean your carpets. This practice will prevent the spills from seeping into the carpet fibers and prevent stains.
Place A Door Mat At The Entrance
- Once you have cleaned your carpets and removed all the stains, it is time to move further. Place a doormat at the entrance so the guests arriving for Christmas can wipe their feet before entering your home.
This will protect your freshly cleaned carpets from dirt and help keep dry, gritty outdoor soil from being tracked on your carpet. Place entrance mats at your doors, and remove debris and dirt from your shoes before entering.
Keep Your Shoes Outside
- In addition to the doormat, placing a shoe rack at the entrance during Christmas is a good idea. This will prevent outdoor dirt from reaching inside your home and prevent stains from going deep into the carpet fibers. Otherwise, cleaning your carpets when they are in constant contact with dirty shoes is useless.
Hire Professional Carpet Cleaners
The cleanliness of your carpets is the last thing you want to worry about when guests arrive to celebrate Christmas. Schedule an appointment with the best carpet cleaning company. Professional carpet cleaners use specialized equipment to freshen up and sanitize your carpets. They use various carpet cleaning methods to quickly and safely clean your carpets.
Get your home ready for Christmas by making it look clean and beautiful. Please book an appointment with us at 702-898-6070. Love Your Carpet is a reputable carpet cleaning company in Las Vegas. We specialize in all types of Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning. So save your time and energy, and let our professionals do the work for you.