Here is a comprehensive guide to water damage restoration procedure
Whether it occurs due to natural disasters, plumbing failures, or human errors, water damage is a common issue several homeowners face at least once in their lifetime. However, it can give rise to structural damage, health hazards, and mold growth if left unchecked. Therefore, it is crucial to know the appropriate water damage restoration procedure for different types of water infiltration. Keep reading to learn more.
Different Types Of Water Infiltration
Here are some common types of water infiltrations.
Clean Water Infiltration
- It represents water damage when unpolluted, uncontaminated water enters a building or property. It enters through various means, such as broken pipes, overflowing sinks, or rainwater. Clean water infiltration is considered the least harmful form of damage.
Grey Water Infiltration
- It refers to water damage that arises when slightly contaminated water enters a property through washing machines, showers, dishwashers, and other sources. Grey water contains impurities such as shampoo, soap, and food particles.
While it is not as harmful as blackwater infiltration, prolonged exposure can result in health issues. Therefore, addressing and cleaning up the damage is essential.
- It refers to the most severe form of water damage, occurring when highly contaminated water enters a building or property. This water typically enters through sources like sewage backups, flooding from rivers or oceans, or standing water.
It contains dangerous bacteria, toxins, and chemicals and poses significant health risks to humans and pets. Addressing this issue requires immediate action from trained professionals with specialized tools and equipment.
It is a step-by-step process that involves the following strategic steps:
- In the first step, flood restoration experts assess the extent of the damage. Once the damage has been assessed, the professionals will determine the appropriate restoration procedure. The assessment involves identifying the type of water infiltration, affected areas, and degree of damage.
- The next step is water removal. In this step, professionals prioritize removing excess water from the affected area with the help of vacuums or pumps. The restoration company promptly removes the water to prevent further damage to the property and belongings.
- Once the water is removed, the affected area is thoroughly dried to prevent mold growth. In addition, the use of dehumidifiers and fans can assist in speeding up the drying process.
- After removing the water and drying the area, a professional restoration company ensures disinfecting of the affected area. Thorough disinfection is essential to prevent mold and bacterial growth that give rise to potential health risks if not eliminated. The restoration company utilizes appropriate disinfectants to eliminate bacteria and harmful contaminants effectively.
- The final step of this procedure involves restoring the affected area to its original condition. This includes replacing damaged materials, such as drywall, flooring, and insulation. The restoration company is responsible for ensuring the restored area is safe and free from potential health hazards.
Water damage is an issue that causes significant damage to your home and belongings if left unaddressed. Therefore, hiring professional flood restoration experts to restore your property and reduce the risk of costly replacements is crucial.
Call a professional water damage specialist after a disaster and get the help you need today. Move back into your home or restart your business quickly by hiring experienced Flood Restoration Services. Love Your Carpet provides flood restoration services for the Las Vegas Valley, whether from a burst pipe, water heater, appliance, sewage backup, or natural disaster. We offer a wide variety of water damage and flood repair services. Call us today at (702) 898-6070.