What are the clear signs you need to hire a restoration company for water damage?
From burst pipes to natural disasters, water damage can occur due to several reasons. However, when it does, it is crucial to act fast and take prompt measures to minimize the extent of damage. Contacting a professional flood restoration company is one of the first things you should do.
But when should you call the professionals? We have listed telltale signs that will help you determine when is the right time to hire a professional flood restoration company.
Presence Of Stains On Walls
- Water stains on the walls are one of the biggest indicators of a slow roof leak or a burst pipe. If left untreated, such incidents can cause severe water damage to your home and discoloration on the walls. Therefore, water damage should be addressed promptly to avoid further issues.
If you notice any water stains on the ceiling or walls, it is advisable to find the source of the problem immediately. Failure to do so may lead to structural damage that could jeopardize your safety. In addition, keep an eye out for other indicators of water damage, like bubbling paint and mold growth, which could worsen if left unaddressed.
- Peeling or bubbling paint or wallpaper in your home may indicate severe water damage lurking behind the walls. If you observe these signs, pay attention to your floors and carpets. Softening, discoloration, or buckling in your flooring or carpeting could indicate a pipe burst somewhere in your home. Ignoring such signs could lead to further water damage and structural problems, so it’s best to address these immediately.
Signs Of Mold Growth
- Mold growth is a serious problem that can severely impact your health. If you see any signs of mold or mildew in your home, seek the assistance of a professional water damage restoration expert. This is because mold typically grows around sources of moisture, indicating a water leak in your home.
Mold growth is indicated by unsightly stains on walls or ceilings that appear brown, black, or green. In addition, the fungus tends to thrive in dark, warm, and humid environments such as basements, bathrooms, and laundry rooms.
Buckling Hardwood Floors
- Although hardwood floors are popular for many homes, they are susceptible to water damage. When exposed to moisture, hardwood can warp, making it prone to damage. In addition, the buckling of the hardwood floor is a subtle sign of water damage. This is because buckling occurs when the wood absorbs moisture and expands.
Thus, causing the floor to buckle up, much like a ship deck in rough waters. If you notice any signs of buckling, it’s essential to inspect your home for water leaks, as it can lead to wood rot and cause structural damage if left untreated.
- Drywall is a common material used for the construction of walls. It’s made of gypsum plaster sandwiched between two layers of thick paper and then dried. However, drywall is susceptible to damage by flooding and leaks. The drywall’s exposure to excessive moisture requires repair or replacement.
If you notice any signs of warped drywall in your home, such as bulges or uneven surfaces, it’s time to call a water damage restoration expert immediately. This can help prevent further damage to your home and ensure the issue is addressed promptly and professionally.
Call a professional water damage specialist after a disaster and get the help you need today. Move back into your home or restart your business quickly by hiring experienced Flood Restoration Services. Love Your Carpet provides flood restoration services for the Las Vegas Valley, whether from a burst pipe, water heater, appliance, sewage backup, or natural disaster. We offer a wide variety of water damage and flood repair services. Call us today at 702-898-6070.