Discover the extraordinary benefits of carpet vacuuming and how it may contribute to a healthy environment
When it comes to household chores, vacuuming can be tempting to ignore because it is tiring and boring. However, vacuuming is crucial for your carpet and your family’s health and well-being. Here are five noteworthy health benefits of regular carpet vacuuming.
Relief From Allergies
- Respiratory irritants such as dirt, pet dander, and daily dust particles become trapped in carpets, upholstery, and mattresses. Over time, inhaling these irritants can lead to aggravation of allergies resulting in sneezing, runny nose, and coughing.
Experts at Asthma and Allergy Foundation in America recommend carpet vacuuming at least twice a week with a good quality vacuum cleaner. This is sufficient to prevent the allergy-causing particles from being released into the air. Thus, helping you and your kids breathe safely.
Removes Dust Mites
- Dust mites are microscopic particles that the naked eye cannot see. Even if your home is infested with dust mites, you won’t be able to see them. Although dust mites are not allergens, their body fragments are. Dust mites leave their marks behind in the form of body fragments and feces that can exacerbate your allergy attacks. Since these particles are microscopic, they are easily inhaled when you come in contact with an area infested with dust mites.
The vacuum cleaner you use must be able to clean these particles. However, not all vacuum cleaners can remove microscopic particles. Buy high-tech vacuum cleaners qualified to remove the microscopic particles from your carpet. Alternatively, hire a carpet cleaning company to do the job for you. Professionals use steam cleaning that exposes the carpets to high temperatures, thus eliminating dust mites.
Improves Physical Health
- Research indicates that physical exercise in carpet vacuuming and floor scrubbing supports heart health and extends the lifespan. Vacuum cleaning is a great way to exercise your body. It keeps you focused on the task instead of the physical effort you put into it. It involves using nearly all your major muscles and senses, thus providing you similar benefits to jogging.
If done regularly, vacuuming is an activity that can help you enhance your physical health. In addition to providing physical benefits, carpet cleaning also has psychological benefits. A satisfying home cleaning session lifts the mental load and results in stress relief. Studies document that keeping a home clean and tidy positively affects the inhabitants’ psychological health.
Enhances Indoor Air Quality
- Your indoor air quality plays a crucial role in your family’s well-being, especially if any residents have asthma or allergies. Specks of dust and mites can be kicked into the air when you walk on the floor.
Vacuuming removes all the dust and debris, thereby improving your indoor air quality. Even if you are not allergic, prolonged inhalation of pollens, dander, and mold can increase your risk of allergy development. Vacuuming allows you to have cleaner carpets and cleaner air.
Prevention Of Mold Growth
- Dirty carpets have an increased likelihood of mold developing due to moisture in the air. This is especially true in regions with a high level of humidity. It is essential to regularly vacuum your carpets as this reduces the risk of mold growth. High-quality wet vacuum cleaners can be used to eliminate moisture from your carpets.
Make the job easier for yourself by hiring professional carpet cleaners. Love Your Carpet is a reputable carpet cleaning company in Las Vegas. We specialize in all types of Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning. Save your time and energy, and let our professionals do the work for you. Call us today at 702-898-6070 for a free quote.