Here are the answers to the most common carpet cleaning faqs
When carpets are not cleaned for a long time, the quality of carpet fibers wears down. It will not last as long if you don’t take care of your carpet. When carpet cleaning is under consideration, it is natural to have questions about the process. Here are answers to 6 commonly asked questions about carpet cleaning.
What Is Two-Step Cleaning?
- Some carpet cleaning companies run cleaning solutions on the carpets without rinsing them. Although it looks good when finished some cleaning solution is left inside the carpet. The leftover cleaning solution acts as a magnet and attracts dirt.
The sticky residue left inside the carpet fibers tends to get dirty quickly. Your carpet will look dirty within a few months. However, reputable carpet cleaning companies use a two-step cleaning process to clean your carpet.
- In the first step, a pre-conditioning cleaning spray is applied to loosen the soil. In the next step, a combination of hot water rinse and a powerful vacuum extracts all the dirt. This two-step cleaning thoroughly removes the carpet cleaning solution.
This process makes your carpet look as good as new. In addition, the carpet stays cleaner 3 times longer than the other process. It is therefore advisable to go for a two-step cleaning process.
Do Stains Reappear After Cleaning?
- Once removed from the carpet, most stains do not reappear. However, deep stains in carpet backing are sometimes absorbed back to the surface. If that happens, call the carpet cleaning company to get the entire area cleaned.
How Long Does It Take To Clean A Carpet?
The time required for professional carpet cleaning depends on different factors, including:
- The degree of soiling
- The size of the carpet
- The type of stains
Generally, you can have your sparkling clean carpets back within a period of 7 to 10 days, including collection and delivery.
How Often Should You Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned?
- Although routine cleaning and vacuuming make a difference, your carpet needs a professional cleaning once in a while. DIY carpet cleaning will no longer be effective if your carpet smells bad, has stubborn stains, or mold grows on it. Homeowners who have pets should also get their carpets cleaned professionally every six months.
In addition, professional carpet cleaning becomes necessary if you have children who suffer from allergies. Regular professional carpet cleaning not only makes your carpet look new again but also ensures the optimal well-being of your family.
Why Is Professional Carpet Cleaning Important?
- Even if you follow all the recommended carpet care and cleaning procedures, you won’t be able to remove all the spots. Vacuuming does not remove the dirt and grime accumulated deep down the carpet fibers.
For this reason, professional carpet cleaning is necessary once or twice a year. In addition, most carpet manufacturers’ warranties require periodic professional cleaning at least twice a year. Consider the following tips for maintaining your new carpet warranty:
- Frequent vacuuming
- Prompt cleaning of spills
- Periodic professional carpet cleaning
Do Household Carpet Cleaning Machines Work?
- Household carpet cleaning machines are suitable for cleaning regular spills. They also keep the high-traffic areas clean between the professional cleanings. However, these machines are not powerful enough for deep cleaning down to the base of the carpet, where grit is accumulated. Professional cleaning ensures the removal of dust mites and bacteria that are residing inside your carpet fibers.
If you struggle with stubborn stains on your carpets, then get in touch with Love Your Carpet. We are one of the best carpet cleaners working in Las Vegas since 1996. Call us today at 702-898-6070 for a free quote.