Here are some tips for carpet cleaning hacks for Halloween
Halloween is one of the most popular and ancient traditions that is observed by Americans with much zeal and zest. Each year, it is celebrated on the 31st of October. Kids and adults alike enjoy dressing up as different characters and donning different costumes. Everyone looks forward to Halloween parties and the fun practice of trick and treating.
Halloween parties require special home decor, food, music, arrangements for different games, and an unlimited supply of candy to prevent the little trick or treaters from playing mischievous tricks on you. While these parties are a lot of fun and a great bonding experience for the family, the afterparty mess is real.
Food and drink spillovers and other accidents during parties can tarnish your precious household items. Mostly, carpets bear the brunts of accidental spillovers and by the end of the party, they are usually inundated with stains, food, candy particles stuck in the carpet fibers, and lots of odors.
Accidents during a party are inevitable. However, the following hacks can help preserve the appearance of your carpet.
Easy Fix For Candy Stains
To remove candy stains, try the following methods:
- Apply ice cubes to hard candy chunks that are stuck in your carpet. Scoop them with a spoon when they become soft.
- Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is effective for removing caramel stains. Apply a little amount of isopropyl on a pad or sponge and rub it over the caramel candy stain in to and fro motion.
- Another remedy for removing ordinary candy stains is by adding a quarter teaspoon of liquid hand detergent in a cup of warm water. Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and shake well. Spray it generously over the candy stain.
- After five minutes, blot the stain from the carpet using blotting paper. Gently move the paper from the outside towards the inside to reduce the spread of the stain.
- After the candy stain has been removed completely, rinse it using a damp towel to remove the detergent mixture.
- Remove the dampness with another blotting paper.
- Spray chilled water over hardened candy chunks to soften them up.
- Once they become soft, pluck them out with a tweezer.
- To remove the stain, apply white vinegar to a white cloth and blot the stain.
- Moisten another white cloth with clean water and blot the area to remove residual stains.
Quick Makeup Removal Hacks
- We all use generous amounts of brightly colored makeup to create the perfect Halloween look. Makeup spills are quite common during Halloween even if you are super careful with the use of these products. However, with the right tools and techniques, you can remove the toughest makeup stains as well. Let’s take a look:
Reduce The Strength of The Spilled Makeup
- If it’s powdered makeup, suck it out using a handheld carpet cleaner machine. This will reduce the vigor and quantity of the spilled makeup and ease the stain removal process.
Remove the stain
- After the makeup has been removed physically, remove the stain using an oxygen-based cleaner. Oxygen-based cleaners have a greater affinity for removing tough oil-based makeup stains. Before applying the cleaner to the stain, apply a little bit of it on a hidden area of the carpet to test the strength of the cleaner. If it doesn’t strip the carpet from its color then apply then cleaner on the stain and leave it for an hour. Vacuum the spot after an hour. The stain would be gone by then.
For professional carpet cleaning, contact Love Your Carpet. We operate in Las Vegas and nearby areas. Call us at 702-898-6070.