Here are some carpet cleaning secrets for the longevity of your carpet
Carpets are one of the more traditional forms of residential flooring. Nowadays, there are a lot of flooring options to choose from such as laminate, tile, stone, bamboo, cork, and wood. However, despite the availability of multiple new options, carpets have remained relevant and much in demand. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the carpet industry dominates the flooring market with 51 percent shares.
Carpet turns a house into a home. It adds warmth, vibrancy, and life to a home. They are comfortable to walk on and add a sense of grandiosity to the area where they are laid. However, they are high-maintenance accessories and they can get dirty soon if they are not taken care of.
In this article, we will share some effective carpet cleaning secrets which are taken straight from the playbook of the carpet cleaning pros. So read on.
Use Lint Roller to Remove Stubborn Crud
- Carpets with long fibers and hair are difficult to clean. No matter how hard you vacuum, tangible waste such as crumbs, hair, and crud remains stuck to the carpet fibers. This is because they are deeply entangled in the carpet fibers and the suction of vacuum often fails to detangle them.
The best way to remove the deeply embedded waste is through a lint roller. Apply some elbow grease to the roller and roll it over the problematic areas. This will help collect all the stubborn particles and hair. After that, a light vacuum session will leave your carpet spick and span.
Three-Step Process to Remove Stains
Stains caused due to spillovers can cause much distress to homeowners and leave them feeling anxious. To remove stains effectively, follow this three-step method:
- Vacuum the stained area to remove tangible particles. This is important prep work, so don’t miss this step.
- Spot treat the stains by using a 3:1 mixture of water and vinegar. Pour it into a spray bottle and spray it over the stained area. Leave it for five minutes.
- Cover the stained area with a towel and apply heat over it using an iron. The heat and pressure from the iron will transfer the stain onto the towel.
Doing so will remove the stain and leave your carpet new as ever.
Baking Soda for Oil Removal
- Oil is one of the most difficult substances to remove from the carpet. Hot water and the usual stain removers do not work on them. But baking soda does! Apply generous amounts of baking soda to the stained area and leave it for 15-20 minutes. During this time, soda will absorb the oil and a dry crust will be formed over the area. Vacuum the carpet to remove the leftover baking soda.
This treatment will lighten the stain considerably. After that, you can dab the stain for further removal.
Baking Soda for Pet Accidents
- Pet urination makes up for the toughest and unhygienic stains your carpet will encounter. Baking soda is quite effective against getting rid of the pungent smell and discoloration. Sprinkle generous amounts of soda over the area where the urination has taken place. It will absorb the smell and leave a lighter shade of the stain.
Softly, blot the rest of the mess.
By following these carpet cleaning secrets, you will have a much cleaner and more hygienic carpet. However, do not forget to deep clean your carpet after every six months or so. Contact a professional carpet cleaning service provider like Love Your Carpet to get your carpet thoroughly cleaned. Call us at 702 898 6070 and get a free quote. We provide services in Las Vegas and nearby areas.