Read below and learn the DIY methods to clean shower tiles and grout
Cleaning shower tiles and grout may take some time, depending on how dirty they are. However, cleaning shower tiles is simple. They can either be cleaned with a commercial or homemade cleaning product. It is better to start with gentle products rather than jumping straight to extreme cleaning methods.
Treatment With Vinegar Solution
- Before you start cleaning your tiles, it is better to pre-treat the tiles using a water-vinegar solution. Here’s how to do it:
- Run your shower at a high temperature for at least 10 minutes to open up the pores of the tiles. This will make it easier to clean them.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a bowl. Fill a spray bottle with this solution and spray it onto your shower tiles. Generously spray on the dirty areas and in the spaces between the tiles.
- Allow the solution to set for at least 30 minutes before you start scrubbing. Use a grout brush to scrub the soap scum off your tiles and grout.
- Scrubbing will help loosen the scum. Reduce the shower temperature and turn it on. Use this warm water to rinse the solution and scum. You can also use a bucket and pitcher to clean the tiles.
Treatment With A Baking Soda Paste
- Mix baking soda with water in 3:1 until it forms a thick paste. It should have a toothpaste-like consistency. Add more baking soda if the mixture is thin to achieve the desired thickness. Substitute half of the water with hydrogen peroxide if the stains are tough. You can also add some dish soap to this solution. Alternatively, you can replace baking soda paste with a tile cleaner.
- Use a sponge to spread the paste over the tiles. Apply a generous amount in between the tiles and challenging stains.
- Spray the vinegar solution on the paste. The vinegar reacts with the baking soda to form bubbles. As a result, the scum and stains are removed from the tiles.
- Use a stiff bristle brush or a grout cleaning brush to scrub your tiles. Do this in a circular motion. Use a little pressure on areas with tough stains and mildew while scrubbing.
- Use warm water to rinse the tiles. Pour water over the tiles and clean until all the soap residue is removed. Ideally, rinse the tiles 3 to 4 times.
- Use a clean towel to dry the tiles. This helps prevent the growth of mold and mildew, which may result from the presence of water in corners and crevices.
- After you finish showering, spray a vinegar solution onto the tiles. Repeat this process two to three times a week. This helps keep the shower tiles and grout clean and mold-free for long periods. For easy access, pour vinegar solution into a spray bottle and keep it in the shower at all times. In addition, keep a squeegee in your bathroom and squeegee your tiles more often.at least 5 times a week.
Make sure to clean the corners and crevices. In the end, finish off by drying your tiles with a towel. Keep a towel handy in your bathroom for this purpose. Open windows after every shower to prevent mold growth that may result from excess moisture and humidity.
Give your floor the cleaning it deserves by hiring a professional cleaner. At Love Your Carpet, we provide the best tile cleaning services for your floor. We are one of the best grout cleaning service providers in Las Vegas. Call us today at 702-898-6070 and get a free quote for all your cleaning needs.