Advantages and disadvantages of DIY vs professional carpet cleaning
Carpets are an important household item. They not only add aesthetic value but have practical use as well. To increase their lifespan and keep them hygienic, it is important to thoroughly and deeply clean your carpet every now and then. To do so, there are two options available:
- At home – Do It Yourself
- Hiring professional carpet cleaning services
Both these methods have their own set of pros and cons. Let us take a look at the various advantages and disadvantages of both these options to help you decide which is more suited for you.
Benefits of Hiring Professional Carpet Cleaners
More Experience, Better Equipment
- The guys at your local carpet cleaning shop have been cleaning carpets for a long time and they do it on daily basis. You cannot match their level of expertise in getting rid of tough stains and maintaining the carpet’s gloss and gleam. They know all the hacks for getting the job done the right way.
They also have the latest, more powerful, and professional equipment which the usual homeowners do not possess. Professional carpet cleaners spend hundreds of dollars on upgrading and maintaining their equipment.
- They are well-versed in understanding the different types of carpet fibers. They also know which chemical removes which type of stain. Average homeowners do not understand the chemistry of carpet cleaning so well.
Carpets Dry Up Quickly
Professional carpet cleaners are equipped with industrial-grade equipment. High-quality equipment combined with professional services helps clean and dry the carpets much faster. Carpet cleaners use high-power suction vacuums to suck the moisture. This reduces the drying time and your carpet will be back to its place in a relatively short time.
- Quicker drying times also save the carpets from becoming infested with microbes that thrive in warm wet areas.
DIY carpet cleaning consumes a lot of time and requires much effort. You may need to spend several days cleaning the carpets especially if there a couple of them. Professional carpet cleaning offers much more convenience and ease.
They come prepared, carrying their own equipment. They tidy the place afterward and move the waste away. Thus no effort is needed on your part.
Benefits of DIY Carpet Cleaning
You Can Carry It Out According to Your Own Schedule
- A do-it-yourself carpet cleaning session allows you to carry out the task at your own pace and schedule. When you hire professional services, you will likely have to accommodate their schedule as well. This can be difficult for busy professionals who are not available at home most of the time.
You Save Money
DIY carpet cleaning can save you quite a lot of money. Most professional carpet cleaners charge by square feet of the home, so the bigger home you have, the more it is going to cost you. On average, a house with an area of 200 – 400 sq. feet will cost $80 to $130. Whereas a house with an area of 1000-1500 sq. feet will cost more than $200 for carpet cleaning.
- If you are on a tight budget, then we recommend you rent some good quality cleaning equipment and carry out the task yourself.
DIY vs Professional Carpet Cleaning – Verdict?
DIY carpet cleaning is ideal for those carpets that don’t receive a lot of traffic and the spills are infrequent and not too deep. DIY is cheap and can easily fit in your schedule. However, for high-traffic carpets that also receive heavy stains, hiring professional help is the best option.
This information has been brought to you by Love Your Carpet. They offer professional carpet cleaning services in Las Vegas.