Read on to learn proven ways to keep the grout clean and free of stains
Stained and dirty grouts are an unpleasant sight. Being a diligent homeowner, you would naturally want to make your grouts look clean and shiny all the time. In this article, we bring you the five proven ways to keep your grouts clean.
Baking Soda & Vinegar
- One of the best DIY methods for cleaning grout is using baking soda and vinegar. This applies if you clean your grout regularly and are looking for a dash of extra shine. This DIY works like magic over all and any kind of grout stains and has been used in households for years.
It helps remove limescale, dirt, mold, and grime quickly without damaging the grout. You can do this at home without calling a professional grout cleaning service.
- First, take some baking soda and sprinkle it on the grout surface where you want it cleaned. Make sure to cover the entire grout with baking soda and that no space is left uncovered. Now spray some vinegar on the same area. Next, take a hard bristled brush and use it to scrub the surface.
You will notice that the baking soda will start to fizzle as a reaction occurs. If the fizzing stops, you can add more baking soda. Now take some paper towels and wipe the area clean. In the end, spray hot water and wipe with a piece of cloth.
- If the above DIY method did not clean your grouts to a degree of your liking, then you can try this method. Hydrogen peroxide is available in most drug and hardware stores. It is helpful for stains that have left their mark and may have become too stubborn to be removed.
You can use hydrogen peroxide directly or as a paste by mixing it with baking soda. Whatever way you decide to use it, simply leave it on the stained area for a few minutes. After some time, you will notice the stain dissolving and the result being a clean and shiny grout. In the end, simply wipe with a piece of cloth.
- If your grout is covered with grime and dirt, and cleaning it seems like a challenging task, you may want to consider using oxygen bleach. It can be obtained in powder form from most hardware stores. In addition, you can make a solution in a spray bottle and spray generously on the stained area.
Ensure that you wear gloves and keep windows open while using oxygen bleach. You can also find some ready-to-use oxygen bleach solutions from the hardware store. Leave the stained area soaked in the solution for a few minutes and then rinse with water.
- If the grout stains are making your tiles look dull and dirty, we recommend you try a grout cleaner. These are available as spray cans and spray bottles in most hardware stores. They can not only clean the stained grout but also brighten up your tiles.
When using this product, you should take precautions and read the on-label instructions carefully. Make sure you have protective gear on yourself to protect yourself from damage.
- If you have tried all the above methods and nothing seems to work, it is best to hire a professional to clean your grouts. Most professional service providers can take one look at a stain and know the best and quickest way to clean it.
The majority of the cleaners use steam cleaners as they clean the grouts effectively and are environmentally friendly. A thorough steam cleaning is usually followed by spraying a vinegar solution that helps to keep the grout clean for a more extended period.
- If you are worried about stained and dirty grouts, contact Love Your Carpet today. We are one of the best grout cleaning service providers in Last Vegas. Call us today at 702-898-6070 and get a free quote for all your cleaning needs.