5 highly effective methods of professional carpet cleaning for a tidy look
Professional carpet cleaning is the practice of thorough and deep cleaning of one’s carpet. It is done to get rid of contaminants, allergens, and layers of dust and debris that are accumulated deep inside the carpet. Let us take a look at the most common and effective methods used by professional carpet cleaners to get the desired results.
Hot Water Extraction Cleaning
In this method, high pressured hot water is used for deep cleaning. The kinetic energy of the hot water agitates the carpet fibers, causing the dirt to come loose, which is then absorbed by the water. It is also known as steam carpet cleaning. This process consists of the following steps:
- A cleaning agent is applied to the dirty carpet
- The cleaning agent is distributed with the help of a brush. It is allowed to settle in the carpet for some time.
- Hot water is then used to wash the carpet and get rid of the cleaning agent and the dirt.
- The carpet is then left for air drying.
Drying time is usually double the application and washing time.
Carpet shampooing was more popular in the ’50s and ’60s. A specially formulated shampoo is used to clean heavily soiled carpet. It is effective at getting rid of the dirt and grime, but shampoo residue is difficult to remove and dry.
- This form of carpet cleaning makes use of synthetic detergents that are semi-liquid when in action but crystallize when they dry. They encapsulate and surround the dirt particles existing in the dense layers of the carpets and turn them into powder. The powder is then removed through vacuum action.
Very little water is used in this technique which not only makes it more eco-friendly but also reduces the drying time and the effort required for carpet cleaning. Compared to shampooing, less chemical residue is left behind from the encapsulation technique. On the downside, encapsulation is not effective in cleaning heavily soiled carpets.
- This is a technologically advanced carpet cleaning technique that uses a heavy-duty motorized machine to clean the carpet. A spinning pad, immersed with a cleaning solution, is attached to the motor. The pad rotates rapidly and loosens up and absorbs dirt and grit from the top layers of the carpet.
This is an ideal technique for cleaning carpets in hotels as it does not leave a lot of residues and the carpet dries quickly. On the downside, bonnet cleaning focuses on cleaning the top layers of the carpet only and does not give a thorough and deep clean. Hence, the carpet gets soiled again easily and requires frequent cleaning time.
Dry Carpet Cleaning
- It is the latest and one of the most sought-after carpet cleaning techniques. Because of its convenience, efficiency, and minimal damage to the carpet fibers, it has got a thumbs up from almost all carpet manufacturers. Dry carpet cleaning involves the use of a dry/powdered carpet cleaning compound and its dissemination to the bottom of the carpet using a motorized counter rotating brush machine. The machine opens up the carpet fibers gently and evenly distributes the cleaning compound.
The cleaning compound is biodegradable in nature. It acts like a sponge and absorbs dust, dirt, and grime which is hidden in the deepest layers of the carpet. Once the cleaning compound has absorbed all the dust, it is removed through vacuum action.
- Dry carpet cleaning is safe for all types of carpets and leaves little to no residue. Contact Love Your Carpet to get the best deal for professional carpet cleaning services in Las Vegas.