Here are some extraordinary tips to vacuum your carpet for maximum longevity
Vacuuming is the most popular method for protecting your carpet, keeping it clean, and extending its life span. Nowadays, multiple types of vacuum cleaners are available in the market that features the most advanced tools and technologies. However, to make the best out of your vacuuming session, it is important to do it the right way.
Let us take a look at some important carpet vacuuming tips and tricks that can help extend your carpet’s life and keep it clean for a long time.
Choose The Right Vaccum Cleaner
- The first thing to consider is the machine itself. Nowadays, vacuum cleaners are specially manufactured for different types of carpets. For e.g. traditional cut-pile carpets can be vacuumed using a heavy-duty cleaner that comes with a beater brush, but the new soft and delicate carpets require low power cleaners that are easy on the fibers.
To make the best choice, carefully read the instructions and labels on the back of the vacuum cleaners. The Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) has created a labeling system to highlight the features of each machine. CRI tests vacuum cleaners on the basis of the following factors:
- Soil removal
- Dust containment
- Carpet appearance retention
Use The Right Technique
To perform a good vacuuming job, you should use the right technique. Before you begin vacuuming, handpick all the tiny objects from the floor so they don’t get stuck in your vacuum. To get the best results, consider the following factors while vacuuming your carpet.
- Vacuum your carpet in sections in a to and fro motion. Start off from a small section. Run the vacuum in the forwarding direction and then bring it back towards yourself. Move on to the adjacent section in a way that the previous section overlaps with the new section. This will ensure that no part is left uncleaned.
- Speed is an important factor to consider while vacuuming. Moving the vacuum too fast over your carpet can harm its fibers and will also reduce the efficiency of the vacuum action.
- Once you have cleaned the entire carpet using to and fro motion, it is time to clean the carpet in the reverse direction. For e.g. if you initially vacuumed the carpet from south to north, it is time to vacuum it in the west to east direction. This will give your carpet a deep clean and help get rid of all the embedded particles.
Use The Appropriate Vacuum Attachments
- Most vacuums come with a wide range of attachments. To make the most of them, it is important to know when and where to use them.
- The upholstery attachment is ideal for cleaning delicate rugs that are made of wool or silk. These rugs should never be cleaned with a beater brush rather use gentle motions to glide the upholstery attachment over the rug.
- Cut pile synthetic rugs require robust cleaning action. Beater brush attachments are ideal for these types of rugs. Gently clean the edges of synthetic rugs using beater brush attachments
- Carpeted stairs cannot be vacuumed with the traditional vacuum attachments as they are too big and uneven to accommodate them. Hose attachments are ideal for cleaning them. Hose attachments are small; which allows them to clean the corners and the tiny gaps in between the railings posts.
By following the right technique, picking the appropriate vacuum cleaner, and using the attachments as needed, you can make the best of your vacuum cleaning sessions. For more information on carpet cleaning, contact Love Your Carpets. We provide professional carpet cleaning services in Las Vegas.