Follow our guide to remove those toughest carpet stains and make your carpet look like new again
Fresh, clean, and great-smelling carpets are the hallmark of a neat and well-maintained home. However, keeping the carpets clean and free of all stains is tougher than it appears. Carpets are subjected to different types of spillovers all the time. These spillovers leave stains that are hard to get rid of. Certain actions such as rubbing the spill to prevent the carpet from staining lead to further spread of the stain. Keeping the carpet in pristine condition and preventing the spread of stains requires much skill.
In this article, we will explore some techniques for the effective removal of the toughest stains your carpet can endure.
Due to their high level of pigmentation, coffee stains leave an everlasting impact on the carpet. If a coffee spillover takes place, do the following:
- Blot the liquid spillover with a clean and dry cloth. If the first piece of cloth gets soaked up, use another cloth for absorbing the remaining liquid. Soak up as much liquid as possible without rubbing it.
- For spot treatment of the stain, prepare a mixture of water and bleach. Add 0.25 cup of bleach to 1.25 cup of water and pour it into a spray bottle. Bleach solution can be used on carpets made of Polypropylene. Spray this mixture on the stain and blot the stain with the cloth.
- To remove the remaining solution, soak a piece of cloth in warm water and press it over the stain. Repeat these two steps till all of the coffee pigment is removed.
Bloodstains are not just aesthetically unappealing, but they cause much anxiety for the onlookers. Like all stains, removal of blood stains is more effective when acted upon quickly. Do the following actions when you encounter a bloodstain.
- The number one rule of treating blood stains is to use cold water. Warm water solidifies blood and makes its removal difficult. In a spray bottle, add two tablespoons of dishwashing liquid and one cup of cold water. Shake it well to form a homogenous mixture. Spray the mixture on the bloodstain till the carpet is submerged in the solution. Let it stay for a minute or two.
- After that, blot the mixture with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Rinse the stain with cold water.
Ink stains leave a lasting impact on any kind of fiber. However, by taking quick action, you can prevent it from becoming permanent. How? Let’s see:
- Apply one tablespoon of high-strength isopropyl alcohol to a clean cloth.
- Press the soaked cloth over the area where ink stain has occurred.
- Blot the stain gently to avoid its spread to nearby fibers.
- After removing the stain, wash it with a clean cloth soaked in water.
- Vacuum the area to dry it.
Alcoholic beverages especially red wine spillovers are particularly damaging for the carpet. Other liquids such as soft drinks, jelly, flavored milk, ice cream, and smoothies can destroy the appearance of your carpet. The get rid of these colored stains, do the following:
- Add ¼ tablespoon of white vinegar to 2 cups of water and spray it over the stained area. Blot gently till the stain is removed.
Home remedies are a quick fix for removing tough stains. However, they have their limits. To keep your carpet sparkling clean, it is important to get it cleaned professionally twice a year. Love Your Carpets provides professional carpet cleaning services in Las Vegas and nearby areas. Call us at 702-898-6070 to get a free estimate of our services.